Monday, November 1, 2010

Say 'Yes' To The Dress

Finding the perfect wedding dress is no joke.  Trust me: I bought two!  Don't worry folks - I won't be wearing both on my wedding day.  Luckily, I was able to sell my old dress just in time for my new one to come in. (This was the dress I originally wanted but did not get.)  Whew!  I learned a valuable lesson: if you don't ABSOLUTELY love it, don't get it.

About a month ago, I tuned into Oprah to watch Vera Wang  give away all these great and fabulous gifts to 50 brides-to-be.  Besides giving away her beautiful gowns, she also gave each bride a few items of clothing for the honeymoon and each bride walked away with gift cards, a travel voucher, and blah blah blah...the list goes on and on.  

After wiping my tears (partly from happiness for the brides and partly from sadness that I was not one of those brides), I heard Vera say she was teaming up with David's Bridal to introduce a more affordable line for the everyday bride.  Let's get real - not everyone can afford a $5000 gown.  

Vera's line will be introduced in the next few months and prices range from $600-$1400. WOW!  Here's a sneak peak:

 Images via Aisle Dash

Wait: it gets better!  I also found out that White House Black Market is expanding into the wedding market and their gowns are also very pretty and affordable (for brides and the bridal party).  Not much selection at the moment but stay tuned for more.  In the mean time, here's a glimpse of a few dresses:

Last thing: For all you brides who would like to sell your dress (new or old) or even buy a gown, visit Once Wed I posted my dress on here for free and sold it in a couple months!  You can even look on here to buy a dress as some people sell new, never worn or altered dresses (like me!).  Doesn't hurt to look - you may find a great deal. 

0 comments: