Monday, November 29, 2010

Grandpa

It's been over a week since my last posting (sorry!) and things have been a little rough for my family.  I debated on whether or not to post about this, but since this has had such a huge impact on my loved ones as well as myself, I knew I couldn't leave it out.



Last Sunday, my sweet grandfather passed away and although I knew his time was fast approaching, I prayed he would be able hold on for a bit longer to see me on my wedding day.  I even began making arrangements to stop by his house after our ceremony so he could see me...but that won't be happening now.

Going to my grandparent's house was always a fun event filled with great memories.  A fond memory was in 2nd grade when I told my grandfather I would compete in a race at which point he took it upon himself to became my "trainer."  He made me run everyday...mile after mile...and I hated it.  I mean - I was in 2nd grade?!?  But because of this, he taught me to work for what I wanted in life and never give up.  

It was him, not my father, who taught me how to drive and I can proudly say I am a professional parallel parker because of him. There are so many memories and so many things that make me think of him I could write a book about it.  Just being around him made me a better person, a positive person, and a giving person.  Gosh - I miss him.

There has been a lot of prayers and a lot of tears, but there has also been a lot of smiles knowing he is in a better place.  He was 82 and he lived an amazingly wonderful life. I know we'll see each other again soon.  In the mean time, I know he'll be watching over my soon-to-be hubby and I on our wedding day. Love you Gramps.

0 comments: