Monday, January 31, 2011

I Made it Mondays: DIY Fabric Tape by Natalie Jost



Last week, I made handmade thank you cards to send our wedding guests for attending our fabulous day.  I had to much fun in the process I stayed up until 1am the first night alone!  It was great.  I came across a great project on 100layercake about DIY fabric tape and had to share it with you.  I put this project to use on some of my cards you can see HERE. Special thanks to Natalie Jost for this great tutorial and idea!  Enjoy!

WHAT YOU NEED:
  1. Ribbon, fabric strips, punched circles or other shapes
  2. Xyron sticker machine – 1.5″(Amazon for about $7.50)
  3. Extra refill (Amazon for about $8.34)

INSTRUCTIONS:

10-05-May-20-02 10-05-May-20-03
 Cut a strip of fabric/ribbon and feed it into the machine from the right side. Pull it out on the left.  If you are using very thin ribbon, try using two ribbons at a time to make the most of your tape.  


10-05-May-20-06
Pull the end and tear off the tape. 

10-05-May-20-13 
Peel off the top layer and you're done! To make the kraft circles, get some brown shipping paper from the office supply store and punch some circles and feed those through your sticker machine!

Images via Natalie Jost

0 comments: