Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trendy Tuesdays: Nora Griffin's DIY Card Inspiration



I'm in a bit of a slump today.  I'm experiencing what seems to be vacationing and wedding planning withdrawals and I have thought about going to Hobby Lobby EVERYDAY since our wedding. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  That place was like my second home - really.  The managers of 3 different stores began recognizing my face every time I walked in.

Mom has been calling me everyday asking "have you finished the thank you cards so I can mail them out?"  So, in my quest to find some much needed happy inspiration, I browsed oh, hello friend's site and stumbled across Nora Griffin's super cute DIY card project and her work instantly put a smile on my face! She also has a twitter account so follow her!  She's awesome!

Since I didn't post a DIY yesterday, this will served as a double goodie for both days.  I've noticed a growing trend using stitching, recycled products, and/or doilies on cards and I LOVE them all!!! I can't wait to try this and post my work.  Click HERE to see what I did thanks to Nora.  Enjoy and let me know what you think!


I started with an old, falling apart dictionary, tearing out a few pages for the card background.
Photobucket

Next up is picking just the right stamp. I used kraft
colored cardstock for the card base, cut down and adhered the dictionary paper.

Photobucket

I used a paper distresser dragged along the edges to give the card a worn look.

Photobucket

I stamped a tree image right on top of the dictionary text.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then I took a minute to dig through my ribbon jars to add a little more embellishment.

Photobucket

First though I stamped a greeting and mounted it on the card with foam tape to give it dimension.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The card is all done!

Photobucket

After making three matching cards…I did a little more stamping to tie together the set.

Photobucket

Here’s the set ready to be given as a little gift.

Photobucket
Images and DIY posting via oh, hello friend by Nora Griffin

1. Tree Stamp: Stamper’s Anonymous
2. Thank You Stamp: Catslife Press
3. Ribbon: The Ribbon Jar
4. Ink Pads: Clearsnap
5. Paper Distresser: Amazon

2 comments:

J said...

post the thank you card that you make! that would be super cool! ;D

Unknown said...

I just posted some of my cards. Enjoy!