Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday Wedding Tip - Taking It All In

Since I wasn't able to post anything the last 2 weeks before my wedding, I will be recapping a lot of things to share with you - from tips and advice to memorable moments and the occasional wardrobe malfunction. Oh yes, there were some malfunctions that occurred...but nothing that couldn't be fixed.  Expect the unexpected brides-to-be!  And above all else, breathe and don't stress!  Things will work out.

Throughout the entire process, the one line I kept hearing from married couples was "The day will fly by and before you know it, the day will be over. Remember to live in the moment and take it all in!"  Oh how true these words were.

Let's just say I woke up at 8am and before I knew it, it was almost 2pm and we had to head to the church.  Of course, we ran a little behind schedule, but things still worked out. The ceremony zoomed by at 3pm followed by a ton of pictures.  Then, the next thing I know, I was having my first dance with my father at 730pm and then with my hubby at 10pm.  What a night.

My advice for brides and grooms: the day WILL seem like a blur, but remind yourself to take a few minutes every 30 minutes or so and sit back to watch/see what's going on around you.  Enjoy the downtime.  I remembered being way ahead of schedule once our reception started (Thank God!) so my hubby and I sat at our table and people watched.  We took in the decor, the lights, the food, the crowd...everything.  And it was nice.  The energy was great and happy and people were having a wonderful time.  That's what I remember.  Love is great.

0 comments: