Monday, March 7, 2011

I Made It Mondays: Homemade Chicken Salad

{source}

I have been doing a lot of cooking lately and I love it.  The hubby and I usually eat extremely healthy during the week (so we can splurge on the weekends), but I've been getting tired of the same dishes every single week.  So,  to revamp our taste buds and try something new, I decided to make healthy chicken salad to snack on and bring to work.  It's easy, delicious and healthy. Enjoy my lovelies!

INGREDIENTS: (This will last you for a few days)
- 4-5 pieces of chicken breasts (about 4 cups)
- 1 large apple or 2 small apples, cut (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup celery, cut
- 1/2 cup chopping onions
- 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 tablespoons Lite Miracle Whip
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed


INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Boil a pot of water. Place chicken breast in medium heat until cooked (about 10-15min).
2. While chicken is cooking, cut apples, celery, and onions. Place in large bowl.
3. Squeeze juice from lemon into bowl.  Add salt, pepper, walnuts, and Miracle Whip.
4. Cut chicken into little chunks and add to bowl. Mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Done!
Eat it with crackers or make a sandwich.


PS - You can add just about anything you want. I have tried it with cranberries and grapes.  1 cup each.  They are all delicious!

0 comments: