Sunday, May 15, 2011

Top Pick Thursdays: Swimwear Trending

Believe it or not, I haven't worked out ONE DAY since my wedding back in January. Eekk!!!  I have been so busy (not that it's an excuse). So, earlier this week, I bit the bullet and started my workout routine again.  I gotta say - it feels pretty darn good! I am trying to get myself toned so we can take a vacation soon.  Seriously, I need to get away and sip on some 'ritas, soak up the rays, and run my toes through a white sandy beach. Is that too much too ask for?

According to Harper's Bazaar, these are the trendiest looks for this summer.  I concur. 

I have a long torso so I try to wear belts on just about EVERYTHING to add curves.  
Why not a bathing suit too right?
Love this sporty chic look by MK.
Michael Kors Spring 2011

And remember THIS post I did a few days ago about missoni prints?  Since they are technically part of the "Tribal Print Family," I am gushing over this style also.
Mara Hoffman Resort Swim 2011
Zero + Maria Cornejo swimsuit, $340, Zeromariacornejo
Mara Hoffman bikini top, $138, bottom, $128, Anthropologie


And don't get me started on the retro look. SO cute and fabulous!  
Nanette Lepore Spring Summer 2011

Finally, how can you possibly go wrong with stripes, especially fun stripes like this one??

Diane von Furstenberg bikini, $125, DVF


There's something for everyone so pick an outfit and strut your stuff ladies!



{Images via Bazaar}

8 comments:

Jessie said...

I like the first swimsuit by Michael Kors. So chic and modern. The belt really gives it a wow factor. I am wondering if the belt comes with the swimsuit or is it just an accessory for the runway show?

Jessie

Unknown said...

I know - isn't it so modern and chic? So my style. The belt comes with it. I think they also have it in white. :)

Vic said...

I am in love with the new style bikini's have taken of having that square base on the round main piecel
So cute :)

<333

http://fashionablyembraced.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Gorgeous picks Linh! I love the look from MK and Nanette Lepore! So pretty and sexy! xoxoxxoo

Alexa said...

Honestly they are all so cool I don't know which I would pick...that bikini is super cute though! :)
alexa

Jasmin said...

Such a good post, love the idea of belts and swimwear and I'm loving high waisted bikinis this Summer x

Bad Joan said...

These suits are so pretty! Love all the options.

http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com/

Ria said...

I need to get into the workout swing of things. Summer is basically here in Miami and I'm gaining weight like mad. That Mara Hoffman bikini is darling.