Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Trendy Tuesdays: Bargains For My Wedding & Other Things

I am not a fan of shopping, but I love a great bargain. One day, I decided to drive to the nearest thrift store in search of a new DIY wedding project.  I thought about using our bible as the "ring pillow" for our wedding, but since it is too heavy for our nephew to carry, I wanted to find another book we could use.  Well, my wish was granted! Within 1 minute (literally one minute) of walking into the store, I found this book (see below).  My eyes naturally gravitated towards it.  Of course, when I saw these other items at the Goodwill Store, I couldn't pass them up.  

And here's the really great part: I only spent $50! 

 Here's what I got:
 
$1.99 LOVE Book (we will be using this for our wedding in lieu of a ring pillow)

$5 Purse
$5 Purse
$10 Dress
 
$5 Skirt


$10 Dress

$5 Skirt

...AND HERE'S WHAT I DID WITH THEM: MY OUTFITS

                         
             


Now, something I honestly was NOT expecting to find: 2 wedding dresses!  I was very tempted to try them on (for kicks and laughs) but I didn't. 

So, for all you brides-to-be out there, you never know where you may find your dream wedding dress.  It could be at your nearest thrift store! Happy shopping and wedding planning!

0 comments: