Monday, April 4, 2011

I Made It Mondays: DIY Cheesecake in a Jar


Good morning my sweeties. How was your weekend? Ours was fabulous!  We went bowling, saw a concert, celebrated a birthday, and painted the town red.  My brother-in-law was in town so we met up with a few friends. Good times with some good people!  Oh yes, I also (finally) joined Twitter.  If you haven't started following me, please do so HERE!  This stuff is addicting but I love it. It gives me something to read during my downtime.

On Friday, I went on another baking spree and decided to make cheesecake in a jar.  Boy was it YUMMY!!!  I was hoping to bring some to the birthday party but we ran so late on Saturday after the concert that we didn't have time to go back home to get them. Darn!  Next time I guess...but seriously, these came out great.  Wouldn't they be perfect wedding party favors? Or better yet, an addition to a wedding dessert bar!

WHAT YOU NEED:
Filling:
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice

Topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.  Make the topping first and set it aside.

2. In another bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Slowly add each egg until well incorporated.  Add the other ingredients and mix.

3. Spoon into jars. Add the crumb topping.

4. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool and refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Add fruit (optional). Bam!  Cheesecake in a jar.  How easy was that right?
 



0 comments: